- A runner ran 4.9 miles yesterday and 7.7 miles today. What is the ratio of the distance she ran yesterday to the distance she ran today?
- If a company has 10 management-level staff and 25 nonmanagement level staff, what is the ratio of managers to the entire staff of the company?
- A house has a 9:2 ratio of windows to doors. If it has four doors, how many windows does it have?
- A restaurant sells a 5 to 3 ratio of red wine to white wine. If it sells 14 more bottles of red wine than white wine in one night, how many bottles does it sell altogether?
- Charles recently tracked his monthly spending and found that he spends 20% of his income on rent and 15% on transportation. If $3,250 goes to neither rent nor transportation, what is his rent each month?
- A company has a 6 to 1 ratio of domestic to foreign sales revenue. It its total revenue last year was $350,000, how much of that was from foreign sales?
- Jason can swim 9 laps in the time it takes his cousin Anton to swim 5 laps. If the two boys swam a combined total of 140 laps in the same time span, how many of those laps did Jason swim?
- An organization has a 5:3:2 ratio of members from, respectively, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire. If the organization has a total of 240 members, how many are from Vermont?
- An organization has a 5:3:2 ratio of members from, respectively, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire. If 42 of its members are from Vermont, how many members are from either of the other two states?
- An organization has a 5:3:2 ratio of members from, respectively, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire. If 60 members are from New Hampshire, how many are from Massachusetts?
- A bookmobile has a 15 to 4 ratio of nonfiction books to fiction books. If it has 900 nonfiction books, how many books does it have altogether?
- A diner has an 8:5 ratio of dinner customers to lunch customers. If it averages 40 lunch customers, what is its average number of customers for both lunch and dinner?
- A project manager estimates that her newest project will require a 2:9 ratio of team leaders to programmers. If she brings a total of 77 people into the project, how many of these will be team leaders?
- A diet requires a 6:4:1 ratio of protein to fat to carbohydrates. If it permits 660 calories of daily fat intake, how many calories does it permit altogether?
- Suppose that a store expects a 3 to 10 ratio of people who make a purchase to the number of people who enter the store. If 120 customers entered the store on a busy Saturday, how many made purchases?
Proportions word problems
Proportions Word Problem Worksheet
Proportions and Ratios Worksheets
Ratio Worksheets for Teachers
6th Grade Math Worksheets: Proportions
Math worksheets: Solving proportions
Ratio and Proportion Worksheets